But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. -Jeremiah 17:7,8

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Back To Middle-Earth


I spent 3 years in New Zealand while serving in the Air Force, from 1967 to 1969. Now, since I will be spending 4 days in New Zealand, before continuing on to Australia and then Papua New Guinea, I wanted to see a little of the country that I have not seen since then. 


But I was worried about having to spend extra money on a rental car and on motels for those 4 days. What an awesome answer to prayer that God would arrange that I would not have to do that. One of my Air Force buddies has written to tell me that he and his wife will pick me up at the Christchurch airport and let me stay with them, and even drive me around so that I can see part of the country.  

 

We are also going to have a reunion, sort of, with 3 other former AF buddies and that will be great, since I have not seen any of my friends since leaving in 1969. Looking forward to seeing old friends, and the country that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment